Monday 3 March 2014

Review: POSTNATAL MASSAGE - Babies N Bellies (Mdm Wati)

I signed up my postnatal massage package with Babies N Bellies at Babycare Festival 2013. 

I found out about the package via the adv and info in Mother & Baby magazine. Speaking of which, I like Babycare Festival and how they actually give us an insights of the upcoming fair so that we can be prepared and totally ready for the shopping spree. 

So I was attended to by this Malay lady - Aisah who explained about the package and how does the massage help. Well, actually I didnt needed the explanation on how good post natal massage is and how important it is! I have heard it all and it is actually on the top of my priority list! I can skip loads of baby or mummy stuffs except this!

Of course, it is not just about the slimming that I am after. I am more concerned about how they would be helping us to get the womb and all back into shape and position. Post partum leaves our insides all messed up and if not properly fixed back, I believe it would give us trouble in old age or perhaps leave us with a weak and unsuitable womb conditions for conceiving number 2!

Before I come across the ad, my impression of such massage is that it is really ex!! And I even thought perhaps I should splurge on it but then again all the more I wish thats one thing I would like to have post partum esp to comfort woes of confinement. 

So when i see that the package for 7 days is less than 500$.. i knew this is it! 

And upon signing the package at the fair, they actually gave me freebies where I can choose 2! I chose huggies diapers (for sure) and the huge sarong cloth which can be used to lay over bed when they come do the massage. Its important as they use massage oil which will confirm be smeared all over bed when u lie and turn on the bed.  I gave up on the beanie pillow since my mama was planning to make loads of it!!  

Then they will advise you to call them for appointment arrangement once you deliver quoting your EDD and name as they file according to EDD. 

I did mine about 1 week after Eva was born because I only called them to make appointment after I was discharged. The results were amazing and I did feel much better after the 7 days therapy. It was not exactly consecutive 7 days as the masseur does not work on Sunday so my last session skipped a day and completed on the following week. 

Following the labour, I had a bad bad tailbone pain due to the prolonged pushing as doctor mentioned. It hurts when I sit too long. It hurts me more than the episiotomy wound! Imagine with that pain to handle dear Eva. I seriously dont know how I survive it all so well. Haha. But the pain was alleviated after she did the bengkung wrap!

Back to start. The masseur assigned was Mdm Wati who is a good 56 years old Malay lady who doesnt look age and has the best kind of figure - That slim flat tummy!!! 

She arrived at my MIL place punctually and went on to prepare the bed with my big sarong cloth plus a mattress protector together with her stuffs while I settle Eva in living room for my MIL to help look after during the session. you will also neex to provide a big and small towel for covering your body during massage.

Naturally such massage would mean having to strip naked. And many of us would be shy. Frankly since giving birth, I felt like I am no longer private and my body is shared with Eva hence haha I become not so shy. But Mdm Wati also made it very professional. After u removed your clothings including bra (and I had my disposable panties on which is important due to lochia), she will hold up a small towel and follow your bust area as you shift into the massage position in attempt to block her own view of your boobs. 

She started from the back and throughout the 7 days she often asked and checked to see if I had sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin she will change to using olive oil instead of the lemongrass oil. I used lemongrass for a few days followed by olive oil for a few then back to lemongrass because at some pt it did feel like my skin got alil sensitive and she immediately recommend to change olive oil. 

The massage was pampering and did not hurt like I thought it would. It made me so relaxed that I dozed off easily.

i had the fan on lowest mode and oscillating but she didnt stop me so the light breeze made it all feel even better!! 

At the end of each massage, she will end it off with applying the slimming herbs onto my tummy area, followed by the bengkung wrap which is actually wrapping with this white wrap that has unique knoting style. Utter impressed! That is then following by the long wrap around cloth where she helps you tie it tight tight around your waist!! 

Caution! Request for light application of the herbs on 1st time! She applied good amounts for me and my skin felt so burning that I was so worried that my skin is scarred from it. Thank god no!!!

The results truly amazing as my MIL.was shocked too!! It halved the size after 1st session!! By end of the 7 days, my tummy pretty much back to shape and by Eva baby shower, i felt so good!! 

There is no regrets on taking up this package!! It even have a free baby massage session so Eva had her 15min massage where Mdm Wati shared with me on rhe steps etc.

Confession! Now my tummy is back to looking 4mths preggie.. sad... but Mdm Wati did remind me to take note and watch ourselves so as not to waste the investment!!

More info below!

New mothers tend to feel physically and mentally tired due to stress of delivery either thru normal delivery or C-section. Massage eases stresses that come from a new mother's rapid transition from a new mother's rapid transition from a pregnant body to the body after birth. Most mothers would experience back ache and soreness. It is also very important for the wind in the stomach to be removed using the correct massage technique. Not doing so could lead to the tummy looking permanently bloated. through post natal massage, the vital energy that is lost during labor is replenished 
  • Improves circulation throughout the body
  • Reduce the post-partum swelling that many women experience.
  • Proper stretching of tight, sore muscles, easing muscular tension.
  • Reduce the appearance of stretch marks due to pregnancy.
  • Pushes up the uterus and help uterus to shrink to original size (For normal delivery only)
  • Hasten the reduction of fluid retention, wind and spasm
  • Reduce cellulite and help to tone up the body
  • Relaxation
  • Reduces migraines and headaches
  • Reduce post natal depression

JAMU Post-Natal Massage Can Be Done After:

Normal Delivery - 4-5 days after delivery
Caesarian Delivery - 3 weeks to 1 month still subjected to your gynae's approval and your readiness for the massage
Ligation - 1 months 2 weeks still subjected to your gynae's approval and your readiness for the massage
Miscarriage - 4 - 5 days after delivery
Premature Delivery - Same as Normal or C-section depending on the type of delivery

MASSAGE INCLUDES:

  • A 1-hour customized full body massage (only lemongrass oil is used for its unique qualities to relieve wind and body ache)
  • Use of a high quality Param and Tapel, applied on the midsection of the tummy followed by the bengkung which helps to push up the uterus, reduce water retention, spasm and tighten flabby belly.
Package comes with:
  • Bengkong , Jamu or Slimming Gel (For Mum)
  • Free Baby massage & Baby Telon Oil (For Baby) -Worth $15 for 10 mins massage (For 7 days package onwards)
  • Blockducts and Breast engorgement sessions (upon request)


1 comment:

  1. Postnatal massage, often referred to as postpartum massage, is a holistic approach that focuses on nurturing the new mother. This therapy encompasses gentle, soothing strokes and specialized techniques.

    ReplyDelete